Helllllo Cinco de Mayo weekend!! I don’t know about you but our whole team loves this little holiday, and loves Mexican food! Today we are sharing this simple 5 ingredient green chili chicken enchiladas recipe perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations. With 5 ingredients and 30-35 minutes in the oven and you’re are on your way to the perfect meal to host friends this weekend. They are nice and light which make them a healthier alternative to the typical over saucy enchiladas you might be used to. If you really want to bring this dish to the next level try topping it with some Queso Fresco, fresh coriander, and limes, heightening all the flavours of this light and fun dish… and extra spice of course! Have a great weekend everyone.
Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30-35 minutes
1 rotisserie chicken shredded about 2 ½ cups
Two 8 oz package green chili enchilada sauce
2 ½ cups shredded Monterey jack cheese with jalapenos
8 white corn and wheat tortillas
2 tbsp (30 mL) taco seasoning
¼ cup diced red onions
1 large ripe avocado, sliced
½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
A bunch of fresh coriander
2 limes sliced
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. Line a 10 inch cast iron skillet or casserole dish with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Spread about a ½ cup of green chili sauce on the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Take one tortilla, add a small amount of chicken into the center of it, top with a good amount of cheese over the top and spoon over 1-2 tablespoon of sauce and season with taco seasoning.
5. Roll closed and then place in the pan seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
6. Drizzle remaining sauce over the top and top with remaining shredded cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for 30-34 minutes until bubbly
8. Remove and top with diced red onions, crumbled queso, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, and fresh lime.