Have you noticed the glittery nail trend yet?? Gold glitter has made nails look better then ever! If you have a little extra time while painting your nails, you have to try glazing your nails with loose glitter! (I used Martha Stewart glitter, available at any craft store) I was inspired by Emily’s “Mermaid Nail’s” post on her blog Cupcakes and Cashmere. I took the look in a slightly different direction with a few different steps.
Here’s what I did.
1. Prepare your usual manicure
2. Paint first coat of your favourite polish (My two top choices above)
3. As you apply the second coat of polish (one nail at a time) take your q-tip and dab it into the glitter.
4. Tap the q-tip over the tips of your nails, creating a more dense look at the tips and fading into your nail bed.
5. Continue each nail (one at a time so the top coat doesn’t dry before you sprinkle the glitter)
6. After all your nails are perfectly glazed with glitter apply a quick drying top coat.
7. Vuala! The perfect glittery nail!
In a hurry?? Here are my top fave choices for gold polish!
1. OPI for Sephora- Only Gold for me $9.50
2. Deborah Lippmann- Boom Boom Pow $20
3. Dior- Czarina Gold Polish
4. Butter- West End Wonderland $14