I’m always in the mood for a delicious (and healthy) weekend brunch, even more so when enjoyed with family and friends. Haven’t heard of a Bagel Brunch Board? Not to worry, this was simple enough to create for any relaxed weekend brunch; it’s sure to be a favourite in your repertoire. A large board filled with bagels, beautiful almost crepe-like eggs, fresh tomatoes, prosciutto, cucumbers, onions, cheeses and so much more. I’ve also included a recipe mini herbed goat cheese and asparagus quiches to finish and add to your breakfast spread and beautifully finishes off your food-filled tablescape.
Below you’ll find all three easy recipes to create this memorable brunch thanks to the amazing product from our friends at Saputo. Displaying all the ingredients on a wooden board not only looks incredible, but the combined flavours are simply perfect together too. Remember to have fun with this, add in some of your favourite food items to make it your own. Perhaps add crispy bacon or smoked salmon, you can really add some of your family’s favourite and personalized to what they would want to see on the board. Your guests then later choose the ingredients to personal preference, however guiding them though a specific combination is helpful too. I hope you enjoy this a much as our family and friends do. Not to mention with Mother’s Day just around the corner, this is a wonderful way to celebrate. Enjoy!
Mini Cheese Quiches with Asparagus and Woolwich Dairy Fine Herb Goat Cheese
These are lovely, light and the savoury herb blend on the goat cheese is the perfect way to elevate these individual quiches
Makes: 12 individual portions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time approx: 25-30 minutes
12 mini frozen tart shells
1 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup sweet onion finely chopped
2 large free range eggs
¾ cups 35% cream
½ cup whole milk
½ cup Woolwich Dairy Fine Herb Goat Cheese
½ cup chopped asparagus
pinch of salt and pepper and nutmeg
- 1. Preheat the oven 375 F (160 C)
2. Arrange the tart shells on a baking sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside.
3. In a frying pan add in the olive oil and over medium-low heat sauté your onions until tender and translucent around 6-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
4. In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs, add in the milk and cream and season with salt and pepper whisk again to combine.
5. Disperse the onions over the bottom of the pre-baked pie shells, pour over half of the egg mixture, crumble the goat cheese and asparagus over each tart evenly, and top with the remaining egg mixture.
6. Place the quiche in the oven for 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 320 °F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
7. The quiche is ready when the top has soufflé up and is slightly golden
8. Let cool and before serving.
Smoked Caciocavallo Folded Eggs
Light and perfectly folded to place into your bagel for the ultimate bagel sandwich, the touch of smokiness from the Caciocavallo cheese delicious buttery and almond taste sets these apart!
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
6 large free range eggs
¼ cup (60 mL) whole milk
½ cup (125 mL)grated Saputo Smoked Caciocavallo
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
Butter for the pan
- 1. Place the eggs and milk into a large bowl and whisk to break up, season well with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a 6-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, add a small knob of butter swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
3. Pour around the ¼ cup (60 ml) of the egg mixture into the pan tilting the pan to create a thin layer over the bottom almost like a crepe.
4. Sprinkle the top with grated smoked cheese and reduce the heat to low, as the egg starts to set using a small spatula fold the top half down and fold in each edge into the center to create a small square, remove from the pan onto a serving platter and cover with tinfoil
5. Repeat with remaining eggs, cover with tinfoil on a plate until ready to serve.
Bagel Bar Toppings Suggestions
Sliced Red Onion
Armstrong Havarti Slices
Woolwich Dairy Fine Herb Goat Cheese (place in a small bowl to spread on bagels)