Mornings are busy at our house! As a mom, I prefer to not think about my breakfast too much. Easy and simple, otherwise I’m not eating! I’m sure that rings true for a lot of you. Overnight Chia seed pudding has become a favourite of mine, and my family’s too! I prepare my jars the night before, and even make enough to last me a few days of the week. Over the years I’ve perfected this simple recipe, resulting in a fluffy, creamy and delicious breakfast. Not to mention the health factor of all the added benefits of antioxidants, vitamins and protein, that keeps me satisfied till lunch! I promise you’re going to love this breakfast, that tastes more like a treat. If you happen to have extra time, you can make it into a beautiful breakfast bowl- pretty enough to serve for brunch!
Overnight Chia Seed Breakfast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: Overnight
¼ cup almond milk
2 tbs black chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
Natural Sweetener to taste- I like 1-2 tsp monk fruit sweetener
Splash of almond milk
1 tbs yogurt of choice
Toppings of choice
Raspberries, Blueberries, Mango, Almonds, Peanut Butter
Night Before Directions (Per Serving)
1. In a small glass jar combine your chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla & sweetener. I like to use monk fruit sweetener, it doesn’t have any after taste and it’s all natural.
2. Mix your ingredients together well, so the chia seeds are well distributed within the almond milk.
3. You can prep more than one jar to set you up for the week. I typically make 2-4 jars so I can grab and go in the morning for myself or for the rest of my family. Lillya loves this for breakfast!
4. Refrigerate your chia seed mixture jars overnight. I like to seal them with a lid so they last longer throughout the week.
Morning of Directions
1. The next morning you can grab your jar of fluffy chia seed pudding and enjoy! I like to add a couple more steps to make my chia seed pudding extra creamy and fluffy!
2. Add a splash of almond milk and about a table spoon of yogurt of choice to your jar. Mix well all together.
3. Transfer your chia seed pudding into bowl or eat right of the jar! Don’t forget to add your toppings!
4. On days that I have a bit extra time, I like to transfer my pudding into a shallow bowl and add in a healthy amount of fresh fruit, scoop of peanut butter and some slivered almonds for extra protein and crunch! Plus it looks so pretty and makes for a beautiful and delicious dish to serve at a special breakfast or brunch! Enjoy!