This is such a fun and simple Halloween DIY to whip up this weekend. It’s also perfect as the temperature always seems to drop around Halloween so everyone will want this fun cozy drink. The kids will not only love these as a treat, but they’ll love to make them with you. Aren’t they so cute? Dunk them into warm milk for the most delicious creamy hot cocoa. Perhaps even add a bit of green food coloring into the white chocolate to make little Frankensteins. Have fun!!
340 grams (around 2 cups) white chocolate
110 grams (around 1/2 cup) milk chocolate
8 wooden spoons
8 small paper cups
16 candy eyes
Milk or milk alternative
- 1. Create a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
- 2. Chop the white chocolate and place in the heatproof bowl. Gently melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally with a spatula.
- 3. Remove the bowl from the double boiler once the chocolate is completely melted. Divide it between the cups, filling them just over halfway full. Gently tap the cups to make sure the chocolate is level. Place them on a small tray or plate and put them into the fridge to firm up (around 15 minutes).
- 4. Meanwhile, repeat step 2 with the milk chocolate. Once melted, gently spoon a small amount (about 1 tablespoon) onto the white chocolate in each cup. Place in the fridge for an additional 15 minutes to firm up.
- 5. Remove the cups from the fridge and place in the spoon in the center of each cup. Pour some mini marshmallows on top and gently press them into the chocolate. Return the cups to the fridge to completely set.
- 6. Once set, cut a slit along the side of the cup and remove the paper cup from the chocolate. Melt a small amount of white chocolate, dip the back of each candy eye in it, and place them in the desired position on the front of the white chocolate spoon to give it a “face.”
- 7. Tie a small piece of ribbon along the base of the spoon for decoration.
*You could always wrap these up individually in small clear bags for a fun treat to give away!
Gently heat approximately 1 1/4 cups of milk in a pot. Serve the milk in a mug with a hot chocolate stick and top with more marshmallows!
Also, isn’t that striped cup fun? It’s from one of our faves, The Little Market!