Wouldn’t we all like to get up every morning leaving the house looking “au naturelle” …with no help at all?
I’m not going to lie, I need all the help that I can get! Just my luck I have a few best friends (ie: makeup products) that help me out every morning. I love the natural look of wearing nothing at all, with highlighting some natural features and maybe some extra sun kiss here and there!
I’m getting closer to mastering “the look” of my favorite faces celebs, including Olivia Palermo, Blake Lively, Lauren Conrad and Kate Hudson… just to name a few! Here are my favorite top 10 products that I find give me the most flawless natural look!
- MAC Eye shadow: Ricepaper, Omega, Copperplate, Print
- Blush: MAC- Blushbaby, NARS- Orgasm
- Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion– Original & Sin
- Foundation: Clinique- Super Balanced Makeup
- Eye Brightner: Benefit- ooh la lift
- Powder: Laura Mercier- Mineral Powder
- Black Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown- Long Wear Gel: Black Ink , NARS-Eye liner Stylo
- Mascara: L’Oreal- Voluminous- Carbon Black
- Face Primer: Urban Decay – Complexion Primer Potion Brightening
- Lip Gloss: Micheal Kors-Roller Ball
Ahhh, primer where have you been all my life? Start of your morning with a primer!! (Well after your moisturizer of course!) It will help keep your makeup on all day and leaving you with a flawless, airbrushed look! My top choice is Urban Decay’s ‘Complextion Primer Potion’. Then I apply just a little bit of Clinuque’s Super balanced foundation, sealing it with Laura Marcier’s Mineral Powder.
Finish it all off with some blush! When I want a little bit more shimmer, NARS’ Orgasm is ideal! For a more subtle finish, MAC’s ‘blushbaby’ is the way to go! Oh and then of course for that sun-kissed look we all love… we must not forget the bronzer. It should have made my top 10… so I’ll add it in here:NARS bronzer ‘laguna’. Its’ great for a boost of color or just some extra contouring!
One of my girlfriends just told me about Urban Decay’s Primer Potion. One word…AMAZING. Apply this primer potion to your eyelids before applying your eye shadow. Not only will your eye shadow last longer but it will be more vibrant and completely smooth… yes, no creasing! Your eye shadow will survive allllll day. What more could you ask for?
My absolute favorite eye shadow mix is between these 4 shades from MAC.
Apply ‘Ricepaper’ all over my lid, adding ‘Copperplate’ in the crease, as well as ‘Print’ for a little more depth…or for a more dramatic evening look. Then to blend up to the brow using ‘Omega’.
When it comes to eyeliner, I’m again tied with two! When I have a little more time to get ready, I like to use the Bobbi Brown for a smooth finish that will last all day! Though when I’m in a bit more of a rush NARS’ stylo does the job fast; with its felt tip it’s super easy to apply with an ideal finish.
Then finish off with some black mascara- preferably waterproof to last all day and no raccoon eyes! I seem to always go back to L’roeal’s Voluminous mascara.
For some extra trips, I asked the lovely Brianne from Eva Terez Makeup Design, to give us her top three secrets for a fresh and flawless face!
This is what she had to say!
1. Use a cream coloured blush instead of a powder for a more natural dewy look it will look just like your not evan wearing makeup just your natural skin beauty!
2. Instead of using black eye liner, use a brown shadow and an angle brush as close as you can to the lash line, it will still define your eyes but give them more of a fresh, less harsh look.
3. Use a tinted moisturizer instead of a heavy foundation, it will still even out your skin tone while also giving you a more natural day time look, if you have blemishes then start by using a concealer just in the desired areas not everywhere and continue by putting the tinted moisturizer on top. I highly recommend Laura Mercier, who won best tinted moisturizer in 2010.