Whether I’m wearing makeup or not, I always have to apply my mascara before leaving the house. There is something about bringing attention to those lashes that speaks volumes! Talking about “volume,” that’s one of the first things I take into consideration when choosing a mascara. That being said, there are so many other things that mascara brands are now offering – length, definition and tiny details for those bottom lashes.
When I was asked to test Revlon’s new mascara portfolio, I was immediately intrigued. Plus, I’m definitely not scared to use more then one mascara on my lashes (you can’t neglect those bottom lashes!). I mix up my mascaras often so trying out all five was fun!
Here are the five that I tried from the new collection:
1) Red Cap- Ultimate All-in-One: Volume, length, definition, lift and intense colour.
2) Purple Cap- Dramatic Definition: Smooth, flexible formula coats lashes clump free.
3) Green Cap- Super Length: Lengthens, glides on easily and builds up lashes quickly.
4) Pink Cap- Ultra Volume: Clump free lashes while plumping lashes for intense volume.
5) Blue Cap- Volume and Length: High shine black fibres provide amplified volume and length to lashes.
After testing them all, I fell in love with the Ultra Volume for my top lashes and the smaller brush on the Dramatic Definition formula (the purple cap) for my bottom lashes. The brush on the Ultra Volume mascara is large and fluffy (short and long bristles) allowing for an incredible clump free look. I found that it really combed through the lashes, giving them that added volume. I also added a coat of the Super Length (green cap) for some extra length. It effortlessly glided on top of the first mascara coat and reached those smaller lashes closer to the lid. Let me tell you, it is an amazing combo! I’m in love! And most importantly it stayed on all day without making me look like a raccoon at the end of the day. Very important.
I’m a black mascara kind of gal, but these are also offered in Blackest Black and Blackened Brown and Waterproof for those summer beach days! Have a try, I know you’ll love them!
– SHOP THE POST-